The Association of MBAs and Business Graduates Association (AMBA & BGA) has enhanced its International Management Board with the appointment of a new Trustee, Professor Emmanuel Métais.
Professor Métais was appointed Dean of EDHEC Business School in 2017.
He has been on the EDHEC faculty for the past 25 years. Prior to his appointment as Dean, he served, successively, as Department Chair, Director of various EDHEC International Programmes including the EDHEC Global MBA, and Associate Dean of the Grande École Programme.
Professor Métais is a Board Member of the French Association of Grandes Écoles de Management.
His main teaching and research interests revolve around corporate strategy, with a specific focus on disruptive strategies and M&A performance. He has published a book and more than 30 articles or book chapters pertaining to these themes in both French and international academic journals.
Commenting on his appointment to AMBA and BGA’s International Management Board, Professor Métais said: ‘EDHEC Business School is a long-standing member of AMBA. AMBA is one of the world’s most renowned standards in the field of Business Education. As a Dean of EDHEC, I am therefore delighted to join the AMBA & BGA International Management Board, and to contribute, alongside prestigious institutions from all over the place, to further increasing AMBA’s influence worldwide’.
Andrew Main Wilson, CEO of AMBA & BGA, added: ‘We are delighted to welcome Professor Emmanuel Métais to our Board. He is an internationally accomplished academic with substantial managerial experience and a leader who represents one of the leading Business Schools in France.
‘I am personally looking forward to working with Emmanuel on further enhancing our AMBA and BGA strategies.’
Notes for editors
For more information, please contact:
David Woods-Hale, Head of Communications, AMBA & BGA
About AMBA & BGA
Spearheading excellence and trailblazing innovation, for more than 50 years the Association of MBAs (AMBA) has been the impartial authority on post-graduate management education.
AMBA established that vision in 1967 and, in a volatile, uncertain world, it’s as relevant today as it was then.
We are committed to raising the profile and quality standards of business education internationally, for the benefit of Business Schools, students and alumni, employers, communities and society.
- Our accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and master’s degrees, currently accrediting programmes from the top 2% of Business Schools in more than 75 countries
- Our Research and Insight Centre produces a rich body of reports exploring global trends in the business education sector. This drives our global thought leadership and public affairs campaigns
- We are the only professional membership association that connects MBA students and graduates, accredited Business Schools and MBA employers throughout the world
- Through our members, AMBA is building an international force for good, championing best practice, responsible management and sustainability. Membership to AMBA means being part of an international community of peers with access to business strategy thought leadership, career advice and knowledge, and an MBA jobs portal
- Our multi-award-winning events offer networking opportunities online and in person across all continents in association with international corporate partners and thought leaders exclusively for our members and accredited Business Schools
The Business Graduates Association (BGA) is an international membership and accreditation body of world-leading and high-potential Business Schools that share a commitment for responsible management practices and lifelong learning, and are looking to provide positive impact on their students, communities and the economy as a whole. We offer:
- Quality assurance services to Business Schools and similar institutions, aimed at continuous improvement and positive impact to increase a Business School’s credibility and influence
- Consultation and mentorship services to Business Schools to improve their marketing and admissions, programme design, alumni interaction, teaching methods, and career development services
- Award-winning international events for Business School professionals, focused on continuous learning
- Student and graduate membership, which includes social networking events worldwide, professional development tools, a Career Development Centre, and much more
- Leading and award-winning content on responsible management, professional and personal growth, and influence via the Business Impact content hub
About AMBA’s Board of Trustees
AMBA’s Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall control and strategic direction of the Association of MBAs and Business Graduates Association. It meets regularly during the year to consider, determine and review the charity’s strategies and policies, and to receive board updates from the CEO.
Trustees are drawn from our professional members and serve up to a maximum of six years in a voluntary capacity. Trustee positions are reserved for Deans or other representatives of our accredited Business Schools, and for the Chair of AMBA’s accreditation board.
The Board delegates to three committees oversight responsibility for Human Resources and Nominations, Finance and Risk, and Membership, respectively.