London/ Troyes: 4 November 2019
For immediate release
SCBS – South Champagne Business School has become the world’s first Business School to be validated by the Business Graduates Association (BGA), demonstrating its positive impact on students and society, against independent international quality standards.
Launched in January 2019, BGA, which is the sister organisation of the Association of MBAs (AMBA), is the only Business School quality assurance organisation to offer candidate Schools a middle ground between membership and full accreditation.
Validation serves as a measure of progression for Business Schools, as it aims to ensure that the School can demonstrate that it is reputable against independent international quality standards.
To achieve validation, Business Schools are required to demonstrate they are acting in accordance with nine principles set out in the BGA Charter, and have a strategic plan on how they can further improve against each principle.
The Charter principles are as follows:
- Meeting demands of the economy, contributing to economic growth and development, and driving social transformation
- The principles of CSR, ethics and sustainability (reflecting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals)
- Good governance, institutional sustainability and integrity
- Generating value by building tangible connections with other academic institutions
- Continuous improvement
- Impact, innovation and excellence
- The involvement, inclusion and respect of all stakeholders
- The principles of equality and diversity
- Graduate employability and corporate relations
To achieve BGA validation, SCBS – South Champagne Business School provided a well-rounded validation submission by demonstrating strong commitment to impact and sustainability through its Business School Impact System process and active membership of United Nations Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME). As such it is actively evidencing adherence to the core themes of BGA.
Céline Fauchot, Dean of SCBS, said: ‘We are very honoured to receive this distinction, which is fully aligned with SCBS’s core values.
‘Since our creation, we have been nurturing a positive impact for our students, academic and professional partners as well as for our community and economic environment, and we are thankful to BGA for acknowledging it.
‘I am committed to improving SCBS’s stance as a key player on social responsibility, ethics and sustainability, and to continuing to prepare its students to be responsible and ethical actors of economic prosperity.’
Andrew Main Wilson, Chief Executive of AMBA & BGA, added: ‘I am delighted that SCBS – South Champagne Business School has become the world’s first Business School to achieve BGA validation.
SCBS – South Champagne Business School has evidenced its commitment to the principles of the BGA Charter clearly, while demonstrating its strategic plan and associated steps to improve upon each of the Charter principles.
‘The commitment of the School’s leadership and staff to championing and teaching sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethical awareness is impressive. This aligns closely with BGA’s vision of being a global leader in the promotion of responsible management, positive impact and lifelong learning.’
Notes to Editors
For more information or interviews, please contact:
Tony Thuillier, Head of Marketing and Communications, SCBS- South Champagne Business School – firstname.lastname@example.org
David Woods-Hale, Director of Marketing and Communications, AMBA & BGA – email@example.com
Ellen Buchan, Communications and Insight Assistant, AMBA & BGA – firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout SCBS – South Champagne Business School
SCBS – South Champagne Business School began life as ESC Troyes, founded in 1992.
It is the Management School of Y SCHOOLS and is part of a self-designated eco-system that involves, at university level: a tourism school; a design school; an international school of management and entrepreneurship based in Yaoundé (Cameroon); a socio-vocational school.
SCBS offers 4 degrees:
- 2 graduate level degrees: Programme Grande Ecole (PGE), a general management Master’s degree with several specialisations; MSc – Master of Science Innovation, Creativity & Entrepreneurship.
- 2 undergraduate level degrees: an international BBA; GBM (Global Bachelor in Management), a bachelor’s degree in management with a marketing/sales focus.
SCBS has a large network of partner universities (131 in 2019) spread across all continents, therefore offering its students diverse opportunities of international experiences.
About AMBA & BGA
Spearheading excellence and trailblazing innovation, for more than 50 years the Association of MBAs and Business Graduates Association (AMBA & BGA) has been the impartial authority on post-graduate management education.
The Business Graduates Association (BGA) is an international membership, validation and accreditation body of world-leading and high-potential Business Schools that share a commitment for responsible management practices and lifelong learning, and that are looking to provide a positive impact on their students, communities and the economy as a whole. We offer:
- Quality assurance services to Business Schools and similar institutions, aimed at continuous improvement and positive impact to increase a Business School’s credibility and influence
- Consultation and mentorship services to Business Schools to improve their marketing and admissions, programme design, alumni interaction, teaching methods, and career development services
- Award-winning international events for Business School professionals, focused on continuous learning
- Student and graduate membership, which includes social networking events worldwide, professional development tools, a Career Development Centre, and much more
- Leading and award-winning content on responsible management, professional and personal growth, and influence via the Business Impact content hub