The Association of MBAs & Business Graduates Association (AMBA & BGA) has enhanced its International Management Board with the appointment of a new Trustee, Professor Josep Franch of Esade Business and Law School.
Professor Franch has been Dean of Esade Business School since 2014 and is also an Associate Professor of marketing at the School. He has served on the Board of Directors for CLADEA (2016-2019), the Council of Latin American Business Schools and also serves as a member of the Senate of ISM University in Vilnius (Lithuania), and in the International Advisory Board of the VSE University of Economics, Prague (Czech Republic).
Esade Business and Law School is one of the most renowned academic institutions in higher education, consistently ranked amongst the top ten in Europe and the top 25 in the world; with an enrolment close to 3,200 students in its Business School, 1,300 students in its Law School, and 4,900 participants in its executive education programmes, representing more than 100 nationalities.
Esade constantly thrives to innovate and enhance the transformational power of the educational experiences it offers to students. Accordingly, the school has designed a new learning ecosystem in its international campus in Sant Cugat (Barcelona), made up of seven learning labs that combine education with innovation and experimentation: the Rambla of Innovation.
Regarding his appointment, Professor Josep Franch said: ‘I feel really honoured to serve AMBA and BGA as a Trustee. Both associations are among the leading players in higher education, in a moment when the sector is undergoing a process of major change, derived from the challenges posed by digitisation and globalisation. In this context, business schools have an opportunity to innovate and lead the way towards the future of higher education. As part of the International Management Board of AMBA and BGA, I will do my best to contribute to pursue the excellence and enhance the quality of our industry around the world.’
Bodo Schlegelmilch, Chair of the Board of AMBA & BGA, added: ‘I am very happy to welcome Professor Josep Franch to the Board of AMBA & BGA. As the current Dean of Esade Business School and a long-standing assessor for AMBA, he will be able to provide valuable insights and perspectives. His global network and experience also nicely align with the global reach of AMBA & BGA. Altogether, Josep is an ideal addition to our Board.’
As a faculty member, Professor Franch is an expert in international and global marketing, and his main area of specialisation is brand management in multinational and global companies. He has an extensive teaching experience in more than 15 countries and three continents. From an educational point of view, he is one of the main European experts in the case study method and has published more than 50 case studies in the fields of marketing and international business, some of which are available through the Case Centre and have been bestselling cases. Professor Franch has been awarded three times as best case at the EFMD Case Writing Competition and also has three case awards from NACRA (North American Case Research Association).
He has previous experience as marketing manager at Fuji Film and has worked as consultant for companies including FC Barcelona, Interroll, Novartis, Soler & Palau, Sony and Xerox. He has also worked in many in-company training programmes with firms including APM Terminals, Bunge, Desigual, Esteve, Novartis, Roca, Roland DG, Saint-Gobain, Sony, Telefónica and Tenaris.
Notes for editors
For more information, please contact:
- David Woods-Hale, Director of Marketing and Communications, AMBA and BGA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellen Buchan, Communications and Insight Assistant, AMBA and BGA –email@example.com
- Cristóbal Adam, Communications Manager, Esade Business & Law School – firstname.lastname@example.org
About AMBA and BGA
Spearheading excellence and trailblazing innovation, for more than 50 years the Association of MBAs (AMBA) has been the impartial authority on post-graduate management education. AMBA established that vision in 1967 and, in a volatile, uncertain world, it’s as relevant today as it was then. We are committed to raising the profile and quality standards of business education internationally, for the benefit of Business Schools, students and alumni, employers, communities and society.
- Our accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and master’s degrees, currently accrediting programmes from the top 2% of Business Schools in more than 75 countries
- Our Research and Insight Centre produces a rich body of reports exploring global trends in the business education sector. This drives our global thought leadership and public affairs campaigns
- We are the only professional membership association that connects MBA students and graduates, accredited Business Schools and MBA employers throughout the world
- Through our members, AMBA is building an international force for good, championing best practice, responsible management and sustainability. Membership to AMBA means being part of an international community of peers with access to business strategy thought leadership, career advice and knowledge, and an MBA jobs portal
- Our multi-award-winning events offer networking opportunities online and in person across all continents in association with international corporate partners and thought leaders exclusively for our members and accredited Business Schools
The Business Graduates Association (BGA) is an international membership and accreditation body of world-leading and high-potential Business Schools that share a commitment for responsible management practices and lifelong learning and are looking to provide positive impact on their students, communities and the economy as a whole. We offer:
- Quality assurance services to Business Schools and similar institutions, aimed at continuous improvement and positive impact to increase a Business School’s credibility and influence
- Consultation and mentorship services to Business Schools to improve their marketing and admissions, programme design, alumni interaction, teaching methods, and career development services
- Award-winning international events for Business School professionals, focused on continuous learning
- Student and graduate membership, which includes social networking events worldwide, professional development tools, a Career Development Centre, and much more
- Leading and award-winning content on responsible management, professional and personal growth, and influence via the Business Impact content hub
About AMBA’s Board of Trustees
AMBA’s Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall control and strategic direction of the Association of MBAs and Business Graduates Association. It meets regularly during the year to consider, determine and review the charity’s strategies and policies, and to receive board updates from the CEO. Trustees are drawn from our professional members and serve up to a maximum of six years in a voluntary capacity. Trustee positions are reserved for Deans or other representatives of our accredited Business Schools, and for the Chair of AMBA’s accreditation board. The Board delegates to three committees oversight responsibility for Human Resources and Nominations, Finance and Risk, and Membership, respectively.
About Esade and Esade Alumni
Founded in 1958, Esade is a global academic institution with campuses in Barcelona and Madrid and a presence throughout the world, thanks to collaboration agreements with 185 universities and business schools. Each year, more than 11,000 students participate in courses organised by three academic units: Esade Business School, Esade Law School and Executive Education. Esade Alumni, an association made up of more than 60,000 Esade graduates, maintains an international network of 72 international chapters. Esade’s graduates represent 126 nationalities and are present in more than 100 countries. Esade’s business innovation park, Esade Creapolis, aims to inspire, facilitate and accelerate innovation processes at the companies participating in this pioneering ecosystem. Esade’s international outlook has enabled the school to secure top positions in the main international business school rankings, including those published by the Financial Times, QS, Bloomberg Businessweek and América Economía. – www.esade.edu