The Association of MBAs and Business Graduates Association (AMBA & BGA) and Cabells have today launched a curated list of quality Chinese-language journals in business and management.
The list has been developed by both organisations to support Chinese business scholars in identifying the most impactful journals in which to publish their research.
The AMBA-Cabells Journal Report (ACJR) offers guidance on the 50 most influential Chinese-language business and management journals to help institutions and authors decide which journals would be the most suitable outlets for their publications. Using a combination of sophisticated citation analysis and expert peer review, the ACJR aims to support Chinese scholars to showcase the best business and management research being published in China.
AMBA & BGA is the world’s leading authority in post-graduate management education and a global accrediting body.
In Greater China (including Hong Kong and Macau), AMBA & BGA currently awards:
- AMBA accreditation to 43 Business Schools;
- BGA accreditation to four Business Schools;
- BGA validation to Business School;
- BGA membership to 49 Business Schools (including 15 with AMBA accreditation).
Cabells is the complete source for journal information, evaluation metrics and submission details for authors. Its Journalytics database (www.cabells.com/about-journalytics) is a curated index of more than 11,300 English-language academic journals spanning 18 disciplines, helping researchers and institutions globally optimise decision-making around their publications.
AMBA & BGA Chair, Professor Bodo Schlegelmilch, said: ‘The quality of research conducted at Chinese business schools has made substantial advances in recent years. The AMBA-Cabells Journal Report (ACJR) recognises this achievement and intends to support scholars in identifying journals where top quality business and management research is published in China.’
Cabells’ Director of International Marketing and Development, Simon Linacre, added: ‘Following recent changes to publication guidelines for faculty members in China, there is an increased need for business and management researchers to understand where the best journals are for their research. Combining the peer review expertise of AMBA & BGA with the scholarly journal analytics of Cabells has enabled us to provide Chinese business and management researchers with a robust starting point for their publication journeys.’
Notes to editors
- David Woods-Hale, Director of Marketing and Communications, AMBA & BGA
+44 (0)20 7246 2654
- Simon Linacre, Director of International Marketing & Development, Cabells
+44 (0)7484 381477
About AMBA & BGA
For more than 50 years the Association of MBAs (AMBA) has been the impartial authority on post-graduate management education. We are committed to raising the profile and quality standards of business education internationally, for the benefit of Business Schools, students and alumni, employers, communities, and society.
- Our accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and master’s degrees, currently accrediting programmes from the top 2% of Business Schools in more than 75 countries.
- Our Research and Insight Centre produces a rich body of reports exploring global trends in the business education sector. This drives our global thought leadership and public affairs campaigns.
- We are the only professional membership association that connects MBA students and graduates, accredited Business Schools and MBA employers throughout the world.
- Through our members, AMBA is building an international force for good, championing best practice, responsible management and sustainability. Membership to AMBA means being part of an international community of peers with access to business strategy thought leadership, career advice and knowledge, and an MBA careers portal.
- Our multi-award-winning events offer networking opportunities online and in person across all continents in association with international corporate partners and thought leaders exclusively for our members and accredited Business Schools.
The Business Graduates Association (BGA) is an international membership and accreditation body of world-leading and high-potential Business Schools that share a commitment for responsible management practices and lifelong learning, and that are looking to provide a positive impact on their students, communities and the economy as a whole. We offer:
- Quality assurance services to Business Schools and similar institutions, aimed at continuous improvement and positive impact to increase a Business School’s credibility and influence.
- Consultation and mentorship services to Business Schools to improve their marketing and admissions, programme design, alumni interaction, teaching methods, and career development services.
- International events for Business School professionals, focused on continuous learning.
- Student and graduate membership, which includes social networking events worldwide, professional development tools, a Career Development Centre, and much more.
- Leading and award-winning content on responsible management, professional and personal growth, and influence via the Business Impact content hub.
Since its founding over 40 years ago, Cabells services have grown to include both Journalytics and Predatory Reports databases, manuscript preparation support, and a suite of powerful metrics designed to help its users find the right journals, no matter the stage of their career. The searchable Journalytics database includes 18 academic disciplines from more than 11,300 international scholarly publications. Through continued partnerships with major academic publishers, journal editors, scholarly societies, accreditation agencies, and other independent databases, Cabells provides accurate, up-to-date information about academic journals to more than 750 universities worldwide, with one goal in mind…to provide academics with accurate information and reputable outlets for publication.